Welcome to the Grants Team!
As a non-profit, student-led organization, grants are a main source finance that we use to keep our program afloat. Every dollar counts! We greatly appreciate your help!
co-Chiefs of Grants: Aster Castro and Hannah Eng
New intro video coming soon. For now watch this existing video and message in the AirSend if you have any questions.
Watch this video to learn about the grant team and how to get started.
- take 1-2 hours every week to look up grants that PHS can apply for
- if you sign up to write a grant, you’ll meet with the co-Chiefs to discuss the requirements and then take 1-2 weeks to write a draft and then meet again to revise it.
- gain technical skills of grant searching and writing – looks great on research / job applications!
Join the AirSend, and read the Wiki to start!
How to help us write a grant
- Visit our Grant board on Monday.com to see which grants need to be written
- When you see a grant that you want to write, send an email to [email protected].
- We will set up a meeting with you to discuss the writing instructions for that specific grant & how to get started writing it.
- Start researching / writing the grant!
- Complete a follow up meeting with the Grants team to make any edits and take next steps to submit the grant.
Please track your own hours for grant writing.
How to help us find grants that we can apply for
- Use the RESOURCES FOR GRANT FINDING section, or your own Google searches to find potential grants that PHS can apply for.
- When you find a grant that we can apply for, submit the instructions using the “Grant Submissions Form”
Resources and Websites w/ Grant Listings
Often times, you will need to make an account to use the website.
Philanthropy News Digest (PND):
Terra Viva Grants Directory:
Council on Foundations
Ideas for Grant Topics that PHS could apply for
- pre-med / pre-nursing / pre-vet / pre-physical therapy / pre-dentistry
- students / student development / student leadership
- professional development / pre-professional development
- California -organization
- Non-for-profit organization
- Diversity (did you know over 60% of PHS student self-identify as a minority group?)
- and many other sectors that Pre-Health Shadowing promotes